Posted on 12th January 2018
Training Course Dates for 2018
One of the highlights of last year was the success of our training courses and update events. In 2018, we are looking to repeat and build on that success. We look forward to welcoming GDPs, hygienists and nurses to our events. Here’s a taster of what’s to come. Further details will be published in the Norfolk Dental Specialists Journal. Don't forget! All of our courses are free to attend and offer up to two hours of verifiable CPD.
Courses Hosted Internally
Many of the courses we are offering will be hosted at the Norfolk Dental Specialists practice on Victoria Street. We have a dedicated training suite and all course attendees will have access to the surgeries and facilities.
1. Introduction to Restoring Dental Implants. This course is the first step in developing the skills that a dentist needs to work with implants. Upon completion, GDPs will able to carry out single tooth implant restoration in their own practice. As well as strengthening patient relationships, this knowledge will also enhance the reputation and expand the income options of your practice. The course is available on the following dates:
- 20th March 2018
- 19th June 2018
- 8th November 2018
2. Endodontic Course. We’re hosting this popular course on the 7th February 2018. Attendees can expect a full grounding in the latest news and techniques from the field of endodontics. Limited to GDPs only due to numbers.
3. Hygienist Course. Hygienists and nurses are welcome to attend either or both of our two hygienist courses. We’re focussing on two important areas of oral health: implant maintenance and gum recession.
- Implant Maintenance - 15th March 2018
- Gum recession - 10th September 2018
4. CBCT course. Radiation course with Stephen Green – aimed at referring GDPs. We’ve pencilled this one in for the 19th April 2018, but the date is still to be confirmed.
Our update events attract upwards of 80 GDPs. They are a real highlight of the calendar. For these popular events, we hire an external venue to make sure that we can fit everyone in. GDPs will receive two hours CPD for each update that they attend. During the first part of the evening, our dental specialists will present lectures on their areas of expertise. Later on, there will be a chance to network and socialise.
- Periodontal & Implant update - 15th May 2018
- Endodontic & Periodontal update - 18th October 2018
Join us for an evening that, in addition to lectures from our dental specialists, will include the chance to mingle with colleagues from the dental sector and representatives from major suppliers.
There’s always loads going on at Norfolk Dental Specialists. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date with all the latest news and developments at our practice. If you would like more information about any of our courses, please don’t hesitate to contact Teresa by calling 01603 632525 or emailing email@example.com.